WHAT ARE FACE OILS?
Before we get into all the reasons why you need to add face oil to your arsenal, you need to know exactly what this essential is. Face oils are designed to provide skin with moisture and lock in hydration. Typically formulated with a mixture of plant oils, this essential comes in handy to soften, nourish, and balance skin for a healthy-looking glow.
Face oils can have many potential advantages, but their overall purpose is to serve as an extra level of protection for your skin. ... "While they're predominantly known for their hydrating properties, face oils can also aid your anti-aging routine and provide antibacterial and healing properties,"
Face oils are designed to provide skin with moisture and lock in hydration. Typically formulated with a mixture of plant oils, this essential comes in handy to soften, nourish, and balance skin for a healthy-looking glow.
6 REASONS TO USE FACE OILS
Ready to see what all the hype is about concerning face oil? Here are six reasons why this beauty staple is a staple in the first place.
1. It seals in moisture and adds extra nourishment. While anyone, even those with oily skin, can benefit from facial oil, they can be especially nourishing for dry skin. Whether you are enduring dry skin because of the weather, or you always have dry skin, facial oil can help boost your moisturizer’s hydrating efforts. When you apply oil on your face after your moisturizer, it seals in all of the hydrating ingredients, making your skin more likely to hold onto that added hydration. Beyond helping to seal in hydration, the best face oils can provide nourishment of their own, as well.
Apply a few drops of facial oil in the morning and at night after your moisturizer if you have a dry epidermis. If you have oily skin, consider only applying at night.
2. It promotes a healthy-looking glow. Your skin may appear dull and dry as you age—this is common because your skin produces fewer natural oils over time. Your skin may also look dull if your body is dehydrated, you haven’t had adequate sleep, or you don’t exfoliate enough. No matter the cause of your dull skin, using oils on your face can help restore moisture and encourage lustrous skin. Face oil can also be used for an immediate gleaming effect. You can smooth one onto the high points of your face as a makeup-free, natural-looking highlight.
3. It can help the foundation apply more smoothly. The silky, sensual feel of facial oil makes it a great skincare product to apply before your concealer or liquid foundation. If your skin is dry, flaky, or has blemishes, it can be difficult to apply makeup with a seamless glaze. Facial oil can help your makeup brushes glide across the skin so you can create a flawless base, making it less likely that your makeup clumps or streaks.
Beyond using face oil under makeup, you can also mix the two. Try adding a few drops of face oil to your preferred foundation, for a slightly more sheer and more glow-boosting formula.
4. It can protect the skin. When applied as the last step of your skincare routine in the morning (not over makeup), facial oil can act as a barrier for the outer layer of your skin.
5. It can keep damaging free radicals at bay. Depending on the formula you choose, your face oil may have antioxidant properties that work wonders for the skin. One of the main benefits you may ask? Protecting skin from free radicals. Yup, the right face oil option can help prevent some of the negative skin effects of free radicals, like loss of elasticity and photoaging.
6. It won’t clog your pores. Think that putting oil on a face is a recipe for clogged pores? Think again. With the right amount of face oil and the right formula, acne shouldn’t be a factor. You can seek out Pancharatna face oil in particular to avoid clogged pores.